Business Architect - Commercial Banking
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Architect
In this role, you will
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer facing, supplier related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries, identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Sound understanding of business principles and concepts. Understanding of how markets influence business, what are the differentiating factors of the business, what and how values are created, and how strategy development may be supported.
- A broad, enterprise wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Experience using model based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization. This includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Experience in payment companies or mobile commerce essential
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A6B5
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited