Business Consulting – Finance, Senior Manager
EY professionals in our Business Consulting - Finance team advise CFOs from leading multi-national companies, providing services that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Finance function; either enhancing Finance people capabilities, process efficiency or systems performance.
EY teams are looking to expand the team, as clients align their businesses to the new market realities and in remaining relevant for the time to come. This will require a combination of skills focused on driving broad front to back transformations with the client / consumer at the front and center of this. This marks a shift from the traditional approach to transformation which is inward driven. We are hence looking for talented experienced professionals who have led end to end transformations that have helped multi-national companies redesign service delivery models, organizations, processes / customer journeys and implementing new technologies.
All EY engagements advance and drive the finance agenda forward and may be related, but not limited, to:
- Finance assessment services, including review of current processes, organization and systems against best practices, producing a list of improvement initiatives with a clear roadmap for implementation and vision for the future of their Finance function
- Finance transformation programs, implementation support of identified improvement initiatives, ranging from a broad transformation of the finance function to a transformation of interdependent processes such as budgeting and forecasting. The areas in which we drive and implement change include:
- Finance governance and operating model including shared services
- Finance strategy and performance
- Finance systems e.g. Enterprise Resourcing Planning (ERP), Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Analytics tools
- Finance automation e.g. Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Machine Learning
- Finance policy and process e.g. financial statement close process
- Finance data and standards e.g. chart of accounts re-design
- Finance people capabilities
As you deliver exceptional client service, you’ll have the opportunity to address some of the biggest issues facing organizations today – supported by structured learning and development. With a network stretching across the world, the projects you work on will cross borders and sectors, providing unrivaled experience. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Work closely with the Service Leader (Director) in helping grow the competency, identify and execute the go-to-market approach and client coverage
- Lead and help manage large scale cross functional projects and operational transformations within multi-national corporations
- Analyze and provide recommendation to client personnel on strategic initiatives and transformations
- Monitor and supervise the team of transformation professionals working across a range of clients
- Drive business development on select clients and helping build and grow the pipeline
- Build strong internal relationships and network to collaborate with other competencies and identify cross team offerings like Finance Transformation, Risk transformation, Digital etc.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Participate in the career and performance development of EY teams by serving as a career counselor, training new staff and providing timely and specific performance feedback
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to positively engage across service lines and connect with multiple stakeholders, leveraging the global EY network
- Previous client facing experience at a top-tier financial institution highly desirable
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technology disciplines
- 8+ years of relevant experience e.g. leading consulting or professional services firms or as internal project leader for industry practitioner
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of Finance the function, should have the ability to take a pan-organizational and strategic view
- Proven project management experience and problem-solving skills, with ability to lead and mobilize cross-functional teams. Preference toward candidates with a track record in the provision of high-impact and -complexity programs.
- Experience in ERP / EPM system implementation (SAP is an advantage and Oracle, Workday, Microsoft)
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with both management and clients
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, organizational and leadership ability
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to motivate others and lead a team effectively
- Fluency in English and Cantonese, verbally and written
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A can-do spirit with intellectual curiosity and passionate to make a genuine difference while embedding meaningful, measurable change for clients
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, appropriate for senior executive level clients
- Strong understanding of leading and managing proposal processes, involving multiple service lines and jurisdictions
- Accounting qualification or equivalent based on experience (HKICPA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA etc. certification)
- Excellent command of spoken and written Mandarin
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.