Business Consulting, Executive Director or experienced Vice President (based in HKG, with a Legal, Compliance or Regulatory background and exposure to Hedge Funds)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Equity Division (IED)
Business Consulting is a critical function in Prime Brokerage within IED.
The members of the Business Consulting team primarily support the prime brokerage sales and client coverage teams to build and maintain relationships with clients by providing strategic content to start-up and existing fund managers as they launch and scale their businesses.
Based in Hong Kong, Business Consulting is currently seeking a client-facing Executive Director or experienced Vice President to join their high-performing team. This role will be actively involved in these key deliverables:
Relevant content includes:
- Best practices around fund and management company structuring for start-up managers as well as new products launched by existing managers
- Global regulatory developments and compliance challenges faced by fund managers in Asia
- Evolving expectations of institutional investors in terms of operational due diligence
- Maintain knowledge of service provider landscape, including lawyers, compliance consultants and tax advisors and auditors
- Talent introduction and compensation best practices
Relevant methods of content delivery include:
- Regular distribution of written content focused on regulatory and commercial developments
- Planning and hosting of events, including larger regional workshops and smaller round table events with content tailored to specific audience of clients
- 1x1 interactions with individual clients
Qualifications and Skill-sets:
- A legal, compliance or regulatory background, with specific experience in the hedge fund space required
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport quickly with C-suite individuals as a trusted advisor
- An effective communicator, with the ability to break down complex concepts into bite-size pieces and to apply practice to theory
- An empathetic natural networker, who can build and sustain relationships across a broad range of personalities and cultures
- A self-starter with a commercial mindset
- A team player who will work closely with other teams within prime brokerage and, as appropriate, the firm more broadly to identify and monetize commercial opportunities