Business Development Director - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Aug 18 2018-08-27
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 38 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Development Director.
In this role, you will
- Acquire new business opportunities with high value non-resident Chinese clients expand client pool via arranging and participating in relationship building client visits and networking events
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Work closely with broader branch and other sales force to ensure achievement of business performance measures and plans
- Understand the financial needs for helping customers to achieve their financial goals
- Demonstrate International Banking proposition and establish client contact strategies in line with Group operating models
- Deliver highest standard of excellence in client experience and achieve consistent client satisfaction and relationship growth
- Maintain the levels of operational integrity as complied with global standards by HSBC Group and local regulatory requirement, adhere to the Business Principles and Values of HSBC
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Solid years of experience in client acquisition and high net worth client management in financial sector
- Exposure in building and maintaining relationship with non-resident Chinese is highly preferred
- Advanced understanding on business banking client segment and wealth products
- Sound knowledge of the impact of macroeconomics, microeconomics or local market developments.
- Proven ability to manage professional relationships with multiple parties and deliver results with multiple deadlines
- Strong communication, client focus and influencing skills
- Clear view on cross border policy and external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management
- Holder of relevant insurance, both insurance and investment licenses
- Fluency in Mandarin and English, with Cantonese is an advantage
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BN30
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited