Business Development Officer, Mortgage & Priority Acquisition
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To acquire new priority client through offering quality client transactions / maintenance / information services, maximizing business acquisition / referral opportunities as well as image enhancement, which together translate into a higher profit contribution to the Bank.
The Role Responsibilities
- To ensure that the highest level of client service is provided at all times and clients' need are fully met in a professional and competent manner.
- To maximize the sales of the bank's products, and focus of attention should be on the following products, such as:
- Mortgage product
- Deposit Growth, and
- Improve CASA stickiness - encourage client to set up payroll a/c, apply credit card & personal loan as well as DDA or SI
- And to meet/ exceed specific target where appropriate
- To generate business through cross selling to existing clients; local sales promotions; outdoor marketing calls on business or retail clients; contacts with solicitors and real estate agents; regular contact with mortgage sales officers and ARMs of Corporate Banking Group
- To ensure that, whenever possible, cross sell opportunities are fully exploited in dealing with existing and new clients
- To supervise and co-ordinate the sales effort of a particular sales location
- To maintain a high standard of appearance of the sales location and of the sales staff
- To be fully conversant and up-to date with retail products and market knowledge and to have knowledge of various products offered by other division/ subsidiaries. Also, to keep abreast of what is happening in the financial world
- As and when required, assist in performing operations control duties
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various BOCs or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented, and ensure staff compliance with the same
- To comply with the control requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to your job responsibilities
- To assist grooming and training of new sales staff
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.