Business Development Officer, Priority Acquisition
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To acquire new business under the jobholder's responsible area and to ensure that high quality services are provided to clients consistently. Whenever opportunity arises, cross sell appropriate banking products to clients. Ensuring everything complies with bank policies such as Code of Conduct, CDD, PDPO and Money Laundering Prevention.
- Achieve assigned individual financial, non-financial and customer experience & risk management targets set out in the scorecard by maximizing business prospects and cross-selling opportunities and maintaining close relationship with mapping channels as well as other departments in the Bank.
- Acquire affluent segment NTB clients through walk-in traffic; call programs; MGM and internal referrals.
- Exercise necessary risk assessment procedures while handling new account opening such as checking clients' supporting documents and understanding clients' financial background.
- Deliver high quality of customer service while handling client's inquiry and request.
- Attend team meetings, briefings and training to keep up banking knowledge and skills as such to provide sound solutions to clients and to be able to give constructive ideas about workflow streamlining and improvement.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, reporting any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- To comply with all relevant risk management requirements stated in policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various Branch Operations Manuals or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented and ensure staff compliance with the same.
- To comply with the control requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to the job responsibilities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- For TR's registration staff, to ensure that compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements are met at all time. To make self be aware of the requirements and check to ensure that working practices are in line with these necessary standards. All issues in doubt have to be reported to direct reports for resolution
- For RI's registration staff, to perform regulated activity such as Securities Account Opening; Bond Account Opening; iBond / Silver Bond subscription, staff should ensure to provide relevant information, which is in line with necessary working practice standards, in response to clients' inquiries.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Key Stakeholders Internal Contacts
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Priority Acquisition team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles; Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- MD & Head, Distribution Network, Hong Kong
- Executive Director & Head, Priority Acquisition
- Executive Director & Head of respective Region, Distribution Network
- Team Head / Associate Director & Team Head / Director & Team Head, Business Development, Priority Acquisition
- Staff at Branch e.g. Relationship Managers, SBSM, BSM, CSM, CSA
- Product Specialists
- Other Departments in Retails Banking
- Staff of other business divisions and rest of Standard Chartered
- Other Relationship Managers - overseas
Our Ideal Candidate
- Existing and prospect clients
- University degree is preferred
- Professional qualification in HKSI paper 1, 7, 8 and IIQE 1, 2, 3 is ideal
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.