Business Information Risk Officer - Global Private Banking
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Information Risk Officer.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for providing timely and quality advice to the business and shaping the information security and cyber risk management activities in region by actively participating in the Risk Control Assessment RCA process and providing subject matter expertise SME input relating to all aspects including risks, controls, remedial actions of the information security and cyber risks in the RCAs.
- Responsible for providing information security and cyber risk SME input to the business in support of their risk management activities, translating technical risks and control related aspects to non technical business
- Supporting the business in ensuring that information security risks in the RCAs are adequately assessed, documented, gaps identified and appropriate remedial actions agreed. Support the business in developing and executing appropriate testing plans.
- Accountable for taking the lead for pan Global Private Banking risks, ensuring these are adequately understood, assessed and documented in RCAs
- Responsible for providing Business and GPB Chief Control Office CCO management with a view of their information risk landscape through appropriate metrics and timely updates.
- Serve as the cyber and information security SME for the Business, translating technical controls, Group remediation and other information to business understood terms which help drive the risk management
- Responsible for undertaking deep dives of cyber and information issues, as directed by the Chief Control Officer and recommending practical remediation activities.
- Responsible for engaging with Information Security Risk and other 2nd Line Of Defense LoD functions, responding to 2LoD requests and ensuring 2LoD observations are understood where required remediation plans are in place.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining an engaged and active network of Department Business Information Risk Offices BIROs ensuring Department BIRO responsibilities are performed as documented in the Department BIRO roles & responsibilities
- Responsible for cultivating a culture of information security awareness and good conduct through supporting regular Information Security Risk communications, awareness and training by engaging knowledgeable Department BIRO network
- Responsible for assisting the Business in the identification, documentation and resolution of information risk issues and control gaps.
- Responsible for engaging with key supporting functions, ensuring that non GPB lead remediation is understood and GPB responds appropriately.
- Become a key member of the GPB CCO organisation, as an information handling security SME such as physical and electronic unstructured data, and support the Global CCO organisation in the embedding of a consistent global risk management framework
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor degree of above in risk management, information risk
- Substantial experience in risk management and, or information risk
- Risk alerted and can work independently
- Strong command in English and Chinese
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AKKL
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.