Business Manager, COO Asia
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Asia COO for Cash and senior leadership across the Group and Region to drive the transformation agenda; identify and lead strategic change initiatives to ensure the business is fit-for-purpose and fit-for-growth
- To co-ordinate and help execute the Business Strategy for TB Cash, and drive aspects of the change agenda required to execute business strategy. This may include ongoing initiatives, or new projects
- To provide leadership on management, operational delivery and control, and governance around key aspects of the business.
- Enhance the effectiveness of investments in Cash by stewarding and monitoring an investment portfolio spanning new capabilities and enhancement of existing capabilities as needed
- Deliver critical analyses and recommendations to support decision making for senior management (e.g., TB MG) and governance committees
- Identify and assist to drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the risk and control transformation agenda for Cash, including but not limited to, defining mitigation approach to critical risks, improving the effectiveness of risk management frameworks, controls, and execution
- Assist in strategy formulation and execution for the business, advising the Business Head and his/her management team. Work with the Regional Business Heads and COO to highlight and resolve trade-offs between competing business investments and agendas.
- Conceptualize and prepare strategic frameworks, discussion papers and MIS as required to enable strategic planning and improve management reporting.
- Prepare papers with critical analysis, recommendations, and/or updates as requested by the COO or governance committees. Improve effectiveness of communication for change initiatives across business, function, and geography
People and Talent
- Improve communication across business, function and geography by ensuring key messages and initiatives are clear and impact is understood.
- Help to identify interdependencies across initiatives and/or issues for senior management intervention
- Establish and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and collaboration
- Ensure appropriate project governance and delivery by representing the COO office in key project Working Groups as required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Enable effective product governance by helping continually optimise the group and country process
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Asia COO, Cluster COOs Asia, Regional Business Heads, CMO Heads across Asia, Finance
Our Ideal Candidate
- Other responsibilities as delegated from time to time.
- Strategic mindset with seasoned problem solving and programme management skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization, in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
- Good knowledge of Transaction Banking, particularly Cash Management, Electronic Delivery Channels and Digitisation, with a broad understanding of Corporate / Institutional Banking business and clients (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
- Good business judgment and strong in operational control and risk assessment.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation. Sound knowledge of MS-Excel, PPT, and Word.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.