Business Manager, Macro Trading (GCNA), FM COO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work with stakeholders to identify and manage initiatives designed to increase business operating efficiency and improve first line operational risk management.
- Stay updated with the regulatory environment for Macro Trading and work with the stakeholders to ensure that the business is ready to comply with any regulatory change in a timely fashion.
- Support the Front Office in identifying and prioritising investment needs and provide project oversight.
- Support the end-to-end control and governance framework for the Foreign Exchange businesses, including liaising with Legal, Compliance, Regional/Country Business Operational Risk Managers, Regional COOs, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations and other relevant senior stakeholders.
- Propose and prepare frameworks, discussion papers and management information to improve tracking of business performance and understanding of the effectiveness of the controls.
- Share initiatives and incident reports across other teams within FM COO to improve alignment, ensure broad learning from incidents and encourage best practice sharing.
- From time-to-time work on initiatives that span Financial Markets products.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of the core Macro products (FX, FXO, Rates, Local currency sovereign, Local currency credit and quasi-sovereign (including CDS) and Money Markets)
- Excellent knowledge of market infrastructure including clearing houses and broker platforms in GCNA Macro products
- Excellent understanding of capital and RWA rules
- Good understanding of global regulatory reforms including Margin Reform, Trade/Transaction reporting requirements, Dodd Frank conduct rules, etc... that are relevant to business stakeholders
- Excellent data processing skills and good PPT skills
- Strong track record of experience in global markets business management area or Risk function
- Good interpersonal, senior stakeholder management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strategic mindset with strong problem solving and good common sense/ logical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and take the initiative
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, whilst working to tight timeframes.
- Able to multitask and strong desire to learn and develop in the role
- Experienced in using standard desktop tools and able to undertake detailed, numeric analysis
- Good language skills, Chinese an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .