Business Monitoring Officer
- 50K - 60K
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Union Bancaire Privee, UBP SA Hong Kong Branch
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Division / Organisational Unit: Private Banking
Reporting Line: Business Monitoring
- Implement and execute adequate procedures and controls to monitor first line of business activities encompassing Private Banking, Investment Management and Treasury & Trading.
- Ensure compliance of products and personnel with the regulations and internal policies.
- Establish and execute continuous post-trade monitoring of business activities and ensure timely remediation when needed;
- Manage client complaints process, business operational losses handling and other business risks.
- Maintain an Asia-wide and ‘team’ perspective in our project leadership and business support activities, balancing commercial and control requirements whilst recognising location differences where they need to be applied;
- Comply with external regulatory and internal policy requirements, including the Bank’s global and regional Directives, Policies, Operating Procedures and controls to meet the Bank’s local regulatory requirements and to protect the business from financial, regulatory and reputational risk;
- Utilise highly effective and motivational people management & engagement skills, maximising resource utilisation at all times, maintaining professional standards with ongoing training, and improving performance year-on-year.
- Execute post-trade monitoring; perform daily and monthly testing according to the pre-defined testing framework and any Ad Hoc review and testing on business activities.
- Monitor Private Banking, Investment Management and Treasury & Trading processes and activities, prompt escalation on any exceptions and continuously seek for improvement;
- Perform investigation on operational issues /errors and client complaints; follow up on the issues and engage different support functions for potential solutions;
- Provide periodic testing results and management information reports for management review.
- Review Procedure Manuals, escalating issues in respect to business activities;
- Monitor Private Banking rectification of document deficiencies or completion of remediation project work;
- Collaborate with support functions (e.g. Risk, Compliance, Operations) on compliance, loss prevention;
- Contribute to relevant regulatory/ internal training to ensure competent and compliant activities;
- Provide input to, or represent, Private Banking in operational / regulatory initiatives or projects;
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role
- Strong understanding of local regulatory requirements, especially on Suitability related activities;
- Strong in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access;
- Detail oriented and strong understanding of business processes and associated controls within financial institutions, preferably within Private Banking;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong management and project management / co-ordination skills.
For interested parties, please kindly click on the APPLY button to send us your updated CV with current and expected package.