My client is a, rapidly growing, international fintech company serving global both buy-side and sell-side financial services clients. Their product suite focuses on data analytics with a particular focus on trading analytics. As a business development manager you will be instrumental in identifying in potential new clients and growing the company’s business across the Asia Pacific region.
As a business development manager you will be instrumental in identifying in potential new clients and growing the company’s business across the Asia Pacific region.
Daily activities will include:
- Researching the regional ecosystem to identify relevant target clients.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with a network of prospects.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities via inbound leads and outbound calls, including cold calls, and emails.
- Arranging and holding regular visits to present to prospective clients. Some regional travel may be required.
- Building a solid understanding of the company’s products to competently perform online and in-person demonstrations.
- Work with global colleagues to build a pipeline, to further develop opportunities, and to close deals.
You may be asked, on occasion, to assist in the management of existing clients including:
- Arranging and conducting regular review meetings.
- Assisting with basic product issues and escalating to the technical teams.
- Educating clients on new and existing products.
- 1 – 5 years’ work experience, with a preference for individuals with a background in financial services, particularly markets.
- A good understanding and experience of financial instruments across various asset classes an advantage.
- Passion for fintech.
- Experienced in pitching to clients – confident in communicating and persuasive.
- Self-motivated person who thrives under pressure.
- Excellent English language communication skills coupled with the ability to easily build relationships with new people. Fluency Cantonese is a definite bonus but not a pre-requisite.
- Organised and good with time management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a good academic record.
- Candidates must be currently based in Hong Kong