• Perform fundamental analysis and assess the creditworthiness of banks and financial institutions relevant to their investment activities in Asia. Manage and prioritize your coverage under the guidance of the head of research.
• Assess current and anticipate the evolution of the credit profile of the credits you are responsible for through deep knowledge of broad industry drivers, systemic issues, and individual factors. Identify both internal and external sources and strengths and vulnerabilities.
• Develop and maintain historical and projected financial models, incorporating key financial metrics and peer analysis; perform regular industry reviews for the benefit of the local, regional and global research and investment teams.
• Formulate investment recommendations, assign and maintain up-to-date credit ratings for the banks and financial institutions under your coverage or under review for initiation.
• Work closely with the existing team of analysts and portfolio managers.
• Work closely with the sovereign analyst(s) on macroeconomic factors as part of the analysis of individual and sector-wide trends and issues for your sector.
• Advanced degree in economics, finance, accounting, expected. CFA or candidacy is preferred.
• 5-10 years of credit analysis. Expertise in bank analysis, with particular focus on emerging market banks and their political, financial and social environment, is a plus.
• Ability to combine macro trends in the economy with fundamental credit views to produce an investment outlook.
• Ability to synthesize and articulate team recommendations to the Portfolio Managers and others in the organization
• Investment knowledge across different asset classes
• Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
• Ability to build effective relationships, influence and drive actions among a broad group of diverse stakeholders