You will be part of the APAC Equity Research team with a focus on China Education. You will interact on daily basis with research colleagues, internal sales, external buy-side clients and corporates under the team’s coverage. Your days will be filled analyzing data, drafting reports,
You will be part of the APAC Equity Research team with a focus on China Education. You will interact on daily basis with research colleagues, internal sales, external buy-side clients and corporates under the team’s coverage. Your days will be filled analyzing data, drafting reports, coordinating cross-sectors/regional research projects and handling clients requests. You’ll be able to draft research report, recognize critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modeling/valuation process.
- Main supporting sector: China Education (plus some online travel and leisure)
- Drafting research reports under supervision of senior analysts;
- Perform data analysis, including formulating well thought-out hypotheses; proactively building out a network of information sources to incorporate into analysis
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Complete models with an intense resolve so as to avoid missing any market or timing opportunities
- Clearly articulate compelling arguments (with the appropriate spin) via the written word and oral presentations
- Communicate team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor communications by client need/type
- Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- 1-3 years of experiences in research/actuarial/assets management/investment banking/auditing; science & engineering background with strong analytical capability is preferred.
- Ability to handle data-heavy requests in timely basis and under stress; logical and sensitive to numbers,
- Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
- Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently and with multi tasks
- Languages: fluency in Mandarin/English is essential