CIB - Wholesale Payments - Merchant Services - Product Management and Sales Support - VP
Who We Are JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here .
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co, with more than USD 1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. As the world's leading merchant acquirer, Merchant Services is at the forefront of the payments industry, offering acceptance, fraud and data security solutions for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies and expanding. As one of the original fintechs, Merchant Services understands the importance of continually innovating to stay at the forefront of the consumer payments industry.
The Vice President, Product Management and Sales Support is a key member of the Merchant Services team leading the expansion of our business in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. As an individual contributor, they will leverage their expertise in the payments industry and technical acumen to develop and implement solutions for potential and existing JP Morgan clients. Combining product management responsibility with consultative sales expertise, this role will interface with internal technology teams, external partners, clients and executives across JP Morgan businesses to bring merchant acquiring solutions to market.
The successful applicant will have a track record of understanding client needs and translating them into actionable requirements documents, then leading the build of those requirements into market-leading products. Candidates who have consistently solved complex technical problems to challenges facing merchants seeking to expand their payment acceptance capabilities within the APAC region will be well positioned to succeed in this role. Passionate problem solvers whose prominence in the payments product space is pronounced will be positioned for particularly preferential consideration. Key Responsibilities:
- Understanding the payment acceptance landscape in APAC and being able to translate that into comprehensive solutions for merchants
- Building requirements documents and managing the development of products and enhancements from conception to market-launch
- Understanding country-specific market and regulatory dynamics and ensuring their product(s) are built to those requirements
- Serving as the Merchant Services expert to support Commercial Bank, Investment Bank and Treasury Services teams during sales conversations
- Supporting the negotiation of contracts with partner banks, card processors, payment networks and other stakeholders
- Working with internal partners to ensure all control/compliance/risk activities are addressed during ongoing partner due diligence process
- Actively participate in RFP process for technical solution providers and local acquiring partners
- 7 years product management and consultative sales experience
- BS, BA from top tier undergraduate institution in a technical discipline; graduate degree is a plus
- Experience delivering payments solutions in the APAC region
- Technical expertise, specifically on payments APIs and supporting merchants through the adoption of payment APIs
- Proven track record of working with multi-national corporates to enable payment acceptance
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous environments
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding of financials, mechanics of forecasting and variable sensitivity
- Existing relationships within the payment ecosystesm (e.g. processors, card schemes, banks, acquirers, etc.) in the APAC region is a plus
- Negotiation and contracting expertise with financial institutions is also a plus
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to retain our Silver Employer status in the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.