CIB Technology, Java Application Developer and Application Support, Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Design, Code and Deploy complex and robust services using enterprise Java technologies.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Roles & Responsibility:
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Design/Code/Deploy complex and robust services using enterprise Java technologies
- Review of epics and stories provided by analysts, and turning those into detailed technical designs
- Creation of appropriate technical documentation
- Develop automated unit tests
- Develop & integrate devops frameworks
- Participate in peer review sessions
- Active involvement in resolving the issues encountered in all environments, including production.
- Degree holder in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in designing and developing complex Java enterprise applications in medium to large scale IT Projects
- Significant coding experience with proven ability to deliver solutions – this is a hands-on coding role and the role holder will spend most time writing code
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working on Agile models like Scrum
- Local Language skills, both spoken and written, on Chinese, Japanese and Korean are preferred
Required Technical Skills:
- Very strong hands on knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies. Good to have experience in other object oriented languages like Python
- Experience in micro services architecture including API integration using REST/SOAP
- Experience of using enterprise Java libraries: Spring, JMS, JAXB, JPA (Hibernate)
- Strong front end Scripting skills – Angular JS, HTML 5
- Good database skills in Oracle & Cassandra, experience in writing queries in SQL/NOSQL.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat, IBM MQ, Mule, Rule engines
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience with deployment & containerization tools like Ansible & Docker
- Experience with UML for design documentation like class, sequence diagram & data models.
- Experience in Big Data analytic technologies like Hadoop, Hive, KAFKA, STORM.
- Working knowledge of Machine & Deep learning. Experience designing convoluted neural networks.
- Would be advantageous if have worked on data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Basic infrastructure knowledge including cloud.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. http://careers.jpmorgan.com/careers/why-us/diversity Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.