COO-Deal Team Specialist-AVP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 23 Oct 18
COO-Deal Team Specialist-AVP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) comprises of Client On-boarding and Account Maintenance and Reference Data Services (RDS). The group provides operational services across the Corporate Investment Banking clients globally, which enable client business, protect against client lifecycle risk and drive up data standards within the firm.
CLM play an integral part in the firm's first line of defence against financial crime, reducing the risk of working with new clients (primarily Know Your Customer (KYC) risk), whilst ensuring client relationships are on-boarded and maintained efficiently. RDS provide a golden source of quality reference data across the Bank, underpinning the firm's key Regulatory, Control & Governance standards.
- The Deal Team Specialist will work within a department that sits alongside the Case Management function. They will be responsible for ensuring that all ‘priority' On-boarding cases are managed in an efficient way. The individual will manage the business and CDD throughout the on boarding process. It is essential that they have a good KYC background to anticipate and identify issues upfront.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that cases are managed effectively and consistently in line with the agreed process; ensuring that all aspects of delivery are running effectively and if necessary, escalating issues
- Work collectively the Deal Team and Case Management function to ensure consistency and team work.
- Liaises with the Customer On-boarding function to ensure the smooth delivery of On-boarding services to front office staff and clients
- Supports the production of critical metrics and reporting which provide data related to department performance, risk quantification and stratification, and resource capacity
- Adherence and understanding of a follow the sun model
- Acts as a role model in relation to the values and beliefs and manages the function in line with internal policies and guidance and regulatory requirements
- Drives continuous improvement of people, process and technology
- Review complex KYC cases and ensure appropriate escalation to internal teams such as AFC and legal
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in Client On-boarding processes and requirements
- Deep understanding of KYC, AFC, FATCA and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent team leader, able to work in virtual global teams and a matrix organisation
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organisational, prioritisation, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and local language (written/verbal) as appropriate
- Open minded, able to share information, knowledge and expertise with peers and team members
- Degree or equivalent
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.