Our client is a small but growing international asset manager who is looking for a COO to help manage the team and drive the strategy of the business in Asia.
Managing a small team, you will cover operations, finance and legal. You will negotiate with vendors, fund administrators and also get involved in investor relations, reporting directly to the CEO.
Requirements for role:
- A senior leader in the firm, both able to fulfil the position of managing the non-investment functions, and with the initiative and drive to develop the business together with the senior leadership.
- Must be already acting or eligible as an RO for an SFC Type 9 license.
- Track record in operations with an asset management firm: experience liaising with service providers and managing operations is essential.
- Could be from a CA or fund accounting background.
- Some investor relations experience in handling investor queries. Ideally able to engage with institutional clients on IR roadshows along with the investment team.
- At least 10 years experience working in Asset Management operations or as a Business Manager
The successful candidate must have experience working in Hong Kong and knowledge of Asset Management and regulatory practice.