COO - KYC Outreach Specialist - VP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 20 Oct 18
COO - KYC Outreach Specialist - VP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Under KYC 3.2 Policy and Client Risk Appetite Framework (CRAF) implementation, business divisions are required to implement a new operating model to enable the effective review, approval and oversight of client KYC documentation / due diligence under the new risk rating methodology. This is in response to changes in KYC Policy and on boarding practices delivered under the Mercury Program.
The Global Markets KYC Client Outreach function will be responsible for sourcing complete KYC documentation for GM clients, coordinating internal business due diligence for Client Data Services review and facilitating Business approval. This team will also perform the oversight of the various outreach activities required under the new policy and be responsible for monitoring the pipeline of client remediation cases, optimising the process and providing relevant MI to enable risk based retention decisions with a fit for purpose governance model. In summary, the team will be responsible for the coordination of the end to end process providing single interface and escalation point to senior stakeholders across Infrastructure and the GM business.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, Accountable Client Owners (ACOs) and Client On boarding Remediation teams to complete Regular and Event Driven Reviews tracking their status through the approval processes and monitoring any conditions placed upon their approval.
- Senior Escalation Point / Conduit between the near shore Client Outreach team and Sales.
- Work with Accountable Client Owners (ACO's) to objectively assess and validate KYC risk profile for existing clients as part of Regular Review processes with reliance on key KYC information,
- Coordinate High Risk Client approvals by global Senior Business Managers in a consistent manner.
- Define and deliver client relevant metrics allowing the GM client portfolio to be reviewed and assessed against GM proposed risk appetite in oversight forums.
- Driving requirements to streamline information and process flows between ACOs, Client On boarding, Business Senior Managers and AFC.
- Responsible for coordinating routing escalations to divisional and cross-divisional Client Risk Acceptance Forums (CRAFs) and notifications to GM Non-Financial Risk Council.
- Working in large / global corporate environments involving multiple businesses within a financial services environment
- Understanding of KYC, Anti-Money Laundering/ Anti-Financial Crime risk management
- Experience in client onboarding, Compliance, AFC or KYC risk based role, ideally with a focus on AFC / AML client reviews would be an advantage
SKILLS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven track record of working in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with business and infrastructure partners
- Adept at handling multiple tasks at once within an extremely deadline driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate the Bank's values in achieving objectives
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Excellent planning, organization, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Open minded, able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Self-assured with sound judgement and confident manner
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.