CSIS Senior Security Officer
The CSIS Sr Security Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- This role will play a pivotal role in the daily operations of Citi by interacting with multiple businesses across the enterprise
- This role will leverage subject matter expertise, whether that is physical security and safety, crisis management, security technology, event security/logistics or vendor management
- Overall responsibility for the direct management of Citi facilities; Citi occupied properties and the security staff at those facilities as delegated by the Regional Director of Security
- Direct and manage activities of security operations staff in an effort to safeguard premises and employees against risk of; unauthorized entry, fire, theft, vandalism, and opportunities for criminal activities
- Enforce security rules and safety standards
- Review security or safety related incidents and ensure that appropriate measures to correct any deficiencies or errors are taken in an effort to reduce risk or exposure to risk
- Ensure that security procedures are enforced and that all security personnel are trained to respond to emergency situations
- Interact with other departments on issues involving security and safety functions
- Conduct training, Operational readiness exercises and ensure that security staff is well practiced and rehearsed in the execution of security operations, drills, assignments and the day- to-day functioning of security systems
- Acquire, manage and maintain relationships with local law enforcement authorities, first responder agencies and key business support entities as it supports assigned facilities
- Maintain CSIS systems, staff and equipment in a state of perpetual readiness enough to meet or surpass requirements of both internal and/or external audits
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of vendor and invoice management. (exception: LATAM)
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree/Associate's degree plus equivalent work experience
- Experience in adhering current security protocols, operations manuals and guides
- Proven ability to foster relationships and interface with external agencies to promote functional excellence
- Demonstrated experience in making sound judgements at a moment's notice
- Has maintained corporate assets, to include lease vehicles and equipment in a state of perpetual readiness enough to meet or surpass requirements
- Can articulates basic understanding of security vulnerabilities and suggests preventative measures to assist in the mitigation of these potential risks
- Experience in working with security & safety technology
- Demonstrated ability to follow security and safety instructions and procedures; reporting anything out of the ordinary to management and obey rules and regulations set out in delegations of duty, verbal instructions and company policies
- Relevant experience in a private/public sector security environment
- Professional Security certifications
- Experience working in a corporate or financial services security team
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .