C# Developer - Back Office
- HKD50000 - HKD55000 per month
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Contract, Full time
- Oliver James Associates
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
You will work towards implementing new and enhancing existing applications in the Back Office and Corporate space, including the middleware framework. Full project life cycle exposure from the initial project technical proposal through to analysis, design, implementation and subsequent production rollout and support. You will work closely with other IT teams as well as Back Office, Risk and Finance business departments to achieve department and company-wide goals and objectives.
This role is a 12 month contract and it is extendable or convertible to perm.
Day to Day
You will liaise, provide support and deliverables on a timely basis for any change request initiated by middle and back office, risk management, finance and compliance user groups. You will be managing projects, performing business analysis and developing application enhancements. The work will involve the full life cycle of the SDLC including gathering user requirements, producing detailed specs, designing, coding, testing, deployment, and configuring the system for all change requests.
You will manage vendors on system enhancements and support whenever necessary, liaise with users from all areas and with other ITD teams including IT Governance, IT Support and IT Infrastructure while being client focused and maintain good working relationships with internal client users, mainly with middle, back office and risk management department. You will also be dealing with day-to-day production problems and maintenance when required.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in investment banking environment
- Extensive experience in C# or Java (C# is slightly preferred)
- Strong relational database skills - SQL Server
- Experience with Settlements/Corporate Actions systems
- Experience in using object oriented analysis, in particular UML
- Experience in using TDD/BDD agile methodology
- Knowledge of source control such as Subversion/TFS
- Experience of Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent English (written and spoken)
- Solid business knowledge in Back Office/Financial Applications is highly preferable
- Strong OO design skills with working experience of C#.NET/ASP.NET
- Experience of working with XML based technologies such as XSLT, JAXB and Application Server such as JBoss, JMS, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience of Subversion, Maven and Atlassian ALM/SDLC tools (JIRA, Bamboo, Crucible, FishEye, Confluence)
- Experience of automated testing and DevOps practices
- Self-motivated with a keen interest in gaining investment banking experience
- Ability to constructively influence other departments and individuals
Please apply with an updated CV