C++ Exchange Connectivity (Linux)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 15 May 18 2018-05-15
Senior / Associate Software Developer responsible for the design and development of our client's exchange connectivity software on Linux.
Our client has one of the fastest software stacks in Asia. Our client offers a dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day. It has a flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued. You can expect to have a hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry.
The Gateway team is responsible for the firm's exchange market data and order execution. Our ability to process information completely and correctly with extremely low latency is critical to the success of our trading. We have one of the fastest software stacks in Asia. The successful candidate will be a Senior member of the team responsible for developing market links for our in-house developed trading systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and development of our exchange connectivity software on Linux using C++
- Provide leadership in low-latency design and implementation across IT
- Provide technical guidance throughout IT in design and code reviews
- Engage with traders and quants on a regular basis to gather system requirements
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
- The firm will offer an attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3-5 years of C++ server-side development on Linux
- Experience with direct exchange connectivity (either market data or execution)
- Experience with Australia, China or Hong Kong exchanges a plus
- Expertise in designing multi-threaded and network socket software
- Extensive experience with low latency programming techniques or Linux kernel development
- Strong communication in spoken and written English
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.