Chief Architect - Full Stack
Job Summary: Chief Architect - Full Stack
Experience: 10+ years
Work location: Hong Kong
- Define, review, standardise enterprise architecture policies and governance for application architecture, especially for modern design techniques such as microservices, containerization, serverless, cloud PaaS.
- Liaise and collaborate with other standards, practices, process governance groups within enterprise
- Architect and design solutions using combination of hosting patterns – private, public cloud (Azure/AWS), PaaS (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry)
- Design and implement operating model, governance for multi cloud environment
- Help promote innovation, best in class execution and exploration of new ideas as a culture
- Perform app portfolio analysis, identify candidates for cloud native journey: re-host, re-platform, containerise, re-architect etc.
- Applying application modernization, re-platforming and domain driven design techniques such as event storming, event shunting
- Transform monolithic apps to be service oriented - understand when and how to break out microservices from the monolith
- Experience of design and implement cloud native microservices architecture using CloudFoundry, OpenShift PaaS or another public cloud PaaS.
- Design and implement microservices using Spring boot and Spring cloud – service versioning, reuse, discovery, configuration, security, monitoring
- Design, codify, and make use of reusable patterns for modernization across app portfolio
- Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as TDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring
- Ensure focussed understanding of key areas of the product and related technologies within the team
- End to end solution delivery, responsible for designing solutions, writing code, tests cases, executing test cases, automating build, test and deployment, environment provisioning and configuration
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
- Liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues
- Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Active participation in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team
- Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
- Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on Fortune 500 2017 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.