Responsibilities include providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of the organization's strength of internal controls. The position assesses organization-wide compliance with internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations, contractual terms and conditions, HKMA regulations/requirements and efficiency of operations.
Our client is a commercial bank offering Corporate Banking Services Capital Markets, Cash Management, and Trade Finance, Securities Investments and Treasury operations. They have been established in Hong Kong for over 40 years.
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval. Oversee the implementation of the approved plan, ensure proper resourcing for implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to changes to business risks, operations, programs, systems and controls. Keep senior management and Audit Committee apprised of any changes needed to the internal audit plan.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations. Ensure follow up on findings and corrective actions.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Direct the work of external auditors on select audits, as directed by the Audit Committee and senior management, to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines.
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit's ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company)
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention
- Update/develop process documentation to support management
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes. Prepare and report results to executives and Audit Committees.
- A Master's Degree in Business, Accounting, Commerce, Finance or Computer Science
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience in management of Internal Audit
- Expert skills in auditing techniques, accounting and management principles
- Superior knowledge of international accounting and auditing policies, procedures, principles and standards
- Strong working knowledge of governmental budgeting and accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Prior experience in organizing, planning, managing and supervising the audit functions and in conducting financial reporting
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management and networking
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations. Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
- Great pension benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Great company culture
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gin Sun on +852 2848 9520