COO (technology) for a top tier buy-side firm
- As COO for the technology side of this top tier buy-side firm you will be responsible for business-wide governance, project management, business analysis and stakeholder management.
- Work closely with the company’s C-Suite, HR and administration leaders to ensure that technology solutions are integrated into the business.
- Work with technology, quant and data science leaders across the company to enable robust project management and delivery, including, but not limited to, project specifications, milestones, resource requirements, prioritisation and change management.
- Manage both existing and new vendor relationships to negotiate pricing and on-boarding of third party services as well as ensuring that Service Level Agreements are maintained.
- Improve productivity through the use of automation, capex plans, KPI planning and tracking
- 10+ years’ experience in complex project and programme manager roles from within either traditional or alternative asset management.
- Demonstrable experience as a COO of a small to medium size technology unit.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in a technical, mathematical, engineering or computer science discipline. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- Experience in dealing with the issues linked to the transition from research to deployment such as, back-testing, UAT, beta testing, live simulation matters as well as Quality Assurance of tools, trading signals, systematic strategies and automated trading bots.
- Experience in seeing the full cycle of initial planning, to research and development to deployment.
- Proven track record in project management in the context of quantitative strategies, automated trading and/or the production of analytics libraries.