Chief Operating Officer - Growing Hedge Fund
- HK$1.5M base
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Aquis Search , EA Licence No: 16S8125
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
A growing hedge fund in Hong Kong is looking for a seasoned Chief Operating Officer with solid compliance experience gained from similar industry to join their dynamic team in Hong Kong.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for implementing internal control in accordance with applicable rules and regulations, specifically the SFO and SFC instructions/guidance.
- Compose the funds and all other products’ legal documentations such as agreement and PPM with the counterparties such as custodian, Fund Administration, Lawyer, auditors, brokers …etc.
- Perform routine duties regarding SFC licensing maintenance, marketing material review (Funds ‘fact sheets), periodic solicitation review and AML/CDD/KYC review.
- To deal with external vendors (Prime Brokers, Fund Administrators, Legal counsels, Auditors, Tax consultants, IT consultants, etc.)
- Responsible for building up internal policies, procedures and controls.
- Co-ordinate the functioning of the Operations, Finance departments (trade flow operations, legal documentation, compliance monitoring, training and IT infrastructure and etc)
- To assist in marketing and sales initiatives, including sales pitch, due diligence review, etc.
- To collaborate with investors and internal stakeholders to resolve any open issues.
Requirements of the Role:
- Fluent in English and basic in Mandarin.
- 8+ years’ experience in a hedge or traditional fund management environment covering operations, compliance (must) and IT.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of hedge or traditional fund management business and products.