Client Portfolio Manager – QIS Team
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Value Partners Limited
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Value Partners is an independent, value-oriented asset management firm. Founded in Hong Kong in February 1993, Value Partners has been ranked among the top performing fund management firms in the industry. The Group was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in November 2007. For details, please visit www.valuepartners-group.com.
About Value Partners Quantitative Investment Solution (QIS) team
Value Partners launched first smart beta ETF in Hong Kong in 2009. A year later, Value Partners introduced the first Hong Kong-domiciled gold ETF. A series of other unique and innovative products were developed and recently Value Partners set up Quantitative Investment Solution (QIS) team to provide ETF, quantitative and big data solution for institutional, intermediary and individual clients. Value Partners is inviting strong candidates to apply for the client portfolio manager position to work with the 10 people in the QIS team.
- Work closely with the team to develop our segregated mandate / pooled investment business for both institutional and sovereign clients
- Partner with the client facing team to meet investors, gate-keepers, research analysts and partners.
- Strong network with institutional investors, gate keepers, family offices and HNWs will be an big advantage
- Articulate the investment method, portfolio positioning, strategies, outlook as well as market insight of the portfolio
- Participate in final presentations and due diligence meetings as needed to win new assignments.
- Support and retain existing clients via in-person meetings (on- and off-site), conference calls and investment committee meetings, as needed
- Play a prominent role in creating and reviewing marketing and meeting materials, writing investment commentaries and providing insight for client reports. Collaborate with the firm’s various teams to ensure the quality of materials.
- Must have a solid experience in Asia exposure and track records in the industry
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the asset management industry with extensive product knowledge. Those with lesser experience are encouraged to apply too.
- Solid investment-related client-facing experience working in financial market. Comfortable to work in sophisticated institutional marketplace.
- A good team player, able to effectively manage the expectations of a diverse and demanding client base.
- Ability to think strategically, collaborate productively, and problem-solve effectively.
- Demonstrated project management skills defining scope of analytical solutions, resourcing with strict timelines, executing test procedures and managing to client deliverables based on loosely defined business requirements.
- Strong presentation, writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate difficult portfolio concepts to diverse audiences with varying degrees of investment expertise and the ability to discern and adapt to that level of investment sophistication.
- Highly self-motivated individual with the desire to build and sustain a quality investment organization. Sense of ownership and accountability is essential.
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaking is an advantage.
Interested candidates please send your full resume with current and expected salary in MS Word format at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.