- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 08 Jan 18
Client Services Manager - Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The role holder assists Team Leader (TL) and Relationship Managers (RMs) in delivering business results through providing quality information flow plus banking and investments services to clients, TL and RMs in advising on and executing transactions. He/she plays a significant role in fulfilling and maintaining all necessary internal control, risk governance, compliance policy, in order to prevent operational risk event and meet regulators' requirement & standard.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive client support services to TL / RMs in executing a broad range of banking and investment transactions for Private Banking clients.
- Provide concise and relevant information flow and execute all client transactional and administrative needs accurately and on a timely basis (information flow and client requests might include but not be limited to exchange rate requests, referral letters).
- Handle and resolve day-to-day queries from clients, TL or RMs on transactional activity, operations, systems, account re-balancing processes etc.
- Support TL/RMs to complete sales documentation and related processes (e.g. client profiling / KYC diligence) and input such information together with deal information into data capture and / or transaction processing systems.
- Assist TL/RMs in preparing Business Credit Application, financial review documentation and other customer correspondence as and when required.
- Support TL/RMs in attending to and follow-up on customer service issues with clients and internal departments, and in all cases report and escalate customer complaints to management in accordance with established procedures. Failure to report and escalate complaints will result in disciplinary action
- Handle and ensure client document and reporting comply with internal process standards.
- Ensure full awareness of and adherence to the policy and procedures e.g. credit policy and operation procedures.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, highlight suspicious activities/behavior of clients and staff e.g. account irregularities and alert TL/RM of the suspicious transactions on a timely basis.
- Fully compliant with regulations and Group policies and guidelines, and be able to highlight, mitigate and protect the bank against credit, legal, documentation, repetition and other risks; to conduct business at all times in a compliance-conscious manner and alert to the potential risks of money laundering and other undesirable transactions/activity during and after client on-boarding process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Full commitment to and delight in outstanding client service
- Solid experience in customer service or sales
- Experience of sales assistant role in private banking sector
- Experience in servicing the affluent market and / or HNW segment an advantage
- Good knowledge of investments, banking products, operational procedures and systems
- Customer-oriented, organized and efficient
- Ability to analyse situations, prioritise and implement processes effectively
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passed in the HKSI Licensing Examination Paper 1, 7 & 8 and /or License Person of Type 1 and 4 under HKMA / SFC
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.