Co-Head of Wealth Management Division
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellesley Partners Ltd
- 02 Mar 18 2018-03-02
A new exciting opportunity has come to market within a leading financial services firm in Hong Kong. This opportunity requires a senior individual to help the Head of Wealth Management lead and develop the north Asia office. This opportunity would suit a hungry entrepreneurial individual with a strong network among HNW's and UHNW's in Hong Kong. The organisation is looking to grow rapidly in the region and the appointee would play a major part in this exciting challenge.
- To manage existing and new client portfolios/relationships in line with the agreed strategy, mandate, benchmarks and restrictions and to be the primary point of contact for the company's clients
- Support the Head of Wealth Management (Hong Kong) in delivering on the strategic objectives of the Hong Kong business including taking responsibility for a number of delegated supervisory functions;
- It is expected that the Portfolio Director will make a significant contribution to business development and be involved in the Wealth Management investment process;
- Develop team members, maintain morale and relationships whilst ensuring that the office runs in an efficient and effective manner;
- Fully understand the control environment and contribute to the management of risk, AML, suitability and the regulatory environmen
- Manage, either directly or in conjunction with an assistant portfolio manager; client relationships and individual client portfolios in line with appropriate and agreed Strategic Asset Allocation, benchmarks and restriction;
- Actively market and develop profitable new client relationships, both direct and intermediated;
- Fully understand client’s circumstances, risk profile, investment objectives, specific restrictions and resulting mandates;
- Within each asset class, recommend and action any changes to underlying securities and/or funds in line with appropriate models and funds buy-list;
- Report to the clients in a timely and professional manner;
- Meet with clients regularly and to ensure any action agreed is minuted and implemented;
- Have primary responsibility for new client set-up, sign off and maintenance in a timely manner;
- Manage and train assistant managers or associate managers on the team where applicable and ensure they attend client meetings;
- Undertake regular reviews to ensure that:-
- Mandates are adhered to
- Risk profiles are respected
- Clients are treated fairly
- Performance dispersion is minimised across the client base when the mandate and risk profile is similar.
- Represent the brand and values both internally and externally
Discharge of Responsibilities
The Director shall ensure that his/her responsibilities are performed to the highest levels of integrity, quality and transparency and in a manner most likely to promote the success of Wealth Management and the Group, in a manner that is sensitive to the risk profile of the regulations and issues at hand.
In discharging his/her responsibilities the individual shall establish appropriate structures for all areas under their control and shall fulfil their key responsibilities in full.
In discharging his/her responsibilities, the Director shall:
- Ensure that the Head of Wealth Management is made aware of any issues, in a timely manner, which in the Director’s view are material and which should be communicated to the local Management Committee, and/or the Board
- Provide Head of Wealth Management an annual assessment of his/her own performance against objectives agreed with the Head of Wealth Management