100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today. Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
An intermediate level compliance investigator role responsible for leading transaction monitoring (AML and Trade Surveillance) as well as KYC investigations on unusual client and potential client activity. The 100x compliance program aims to lead the virtual asset industry, and the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and maturing the program to this vision.
- Participate in the maturity of the Financial Intelligence Unit investigative and reporting capabilities
- Actively review inbound unusual activity alerts to determine whether further investigation is required
- Perform deep level analysis on activity requiring further investigation
- Prepare suspicious activity / transaction reports for filing to external FIU(s)
- Respond to, and liaise with, law enforcement and other external bodies regarding information requests and production orders
- Produce weekly statistics and analysis for reporting to management
Experience and Qualifications
- Compliance qualification (e.g. ICA Diploma / ACAMS)
- Deep understanding of financial markets, in particular derivatives trading
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Relevant investigations, particularly online identity fraud, AML, and trade surveillance
- Using technology for investigations including meta-data points such as geo-located IP, device information, VPN use, data queries, etc.
- Preparation of suspicious activity reports for external FIU consumption
- Liaising with external bodies such as FIUs, Law Enforcement, Regulators, and external counsel
- Able to operate under own initiative
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrable interest in virtual asset financial services
Good to have
- Exposure to blockchain transaction analytics monitoring
- Knowledge of data extraction techniques
- Prior background in law enforcement would be advantageous