Compliance Chief Operating Officer, Hong Kong
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Position Purpose
Compliance APAC's Regional COO office is set up in Singapore with satellite COO sites in Hong Kong and Japan. A Hong Kong based COO is required in order to support the Head of Compliance, Greater China and Hong Kong on local regulatory matters, local business/operations management matters, and act as a key support for the COO Compliance APAC on regional projects and initiatives relating to Hong Kong.
The COO Compliance Hong Kong will closely collaborate with the COO Compliance APAC to ensure harmonization of activities across the region.
- Assists Head of Compliance, Greater China and Hong Kong in providing reasonable assurance in complying of with applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures actions plans are launched for perceived weaknesses.
- Organise and manage means and resources to allow Hong Kong Compliance team to reach its strategic objectives.
- Identifies improvement areas, drives efficiency, effectiveness, cost and change management, and simplification initiatives across Compliance organisation, tools and processes, partnering with relevant leaders and stakeholders as required
- Responsible for local compliance project management, policy and compliance assurance.
- Support the Head of Compliance Greater China and Hong Kong on Hong Kong Compliance related matters as needed.
- Project Management - Leveraging on the regional COO project team to avoid duplication of tasks
- Ensure project management of compliance key initiatives and projects (including all local, regional or global projects, IT related, etc)
- Maintain project office (tracking/monitoring , reporting, escalation, etc)
- Drive compliance operational efficiency and industrialisation
- Harmonise, implement and ensure constant improvement of Compliance processes and implementation of best practices
- Staffing - In close collaboration with the regional COO BM team to avoid duplication of tasks
- Assist to coordinate budget requirements within HK teams and reforecasts within required timeframes and monitor performance against same during the year.
- Procedures and Policies - In close collaboration with the regional COO CCRM team to avoid duplication of tasks, a ct as Procedure Manager:
- Attend Regional Compliance Procedures Management Committees
- Ensure the cascading of Group Compliance policies and procedures into the territory
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the local corpus of Compliance procedures and maintain repository
- Permanent Control Framework- In close collaboration with the regional COO CCRM team to avoid duplication of tasks
- Performing and reporting on a timely basis compulsory control plans
- Contribute to designing and testing of localised control plans
- Coordinate and manage internal and external audit missions related to Compliance topics in the territory
- Manage oversight of Compliance outsourcing partners
- Governance and reporting:
- Coordinating/producing territory wide reporting
- Coordinating and managing production of territory wide governance meetings in which compliance participates (e.g. Territory Compliance Committees)
- Designing and maintaining templates for business line specific reporting
- Communication: In close collaboration with the regional COO BM team to avoid duplication of tasks
- Coordinate and manage distribution of transversal compliance broadcasts
- Maintain close liaison with other COO offices in the region and with head office to ensure smooth operations
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree qualified in Business, Law or Commerce
- Technically specific qualifications or evidence of ongoing development for area of specialisation eg: Compliance Management
- Prior senior management experience +15 years
- Sound knowledge of principles and practices of high compliance standards
- Up to date with regulatory and market requirements as well as industry association initiatives
- Good understanding of the Bank's business model and operations
- Knowledge of Compliance and Control operational framework and key principles
- Knowledge in financial services, financial markets and products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels, especially with senior management
- Client focus
- Change management
- Strategic Decision-making
- Impact & influence
- Individual Leadership
- Team Development