Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for PvB Compliance teams, consistent with Global Head, Compliance, CIB, CB and PvB (“Global Head”) vision and strategy for the Compliance function and in support of the Bank’s strategic direction and growth aspiration
- Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and quality regulatory compliance advice and guidance to enable the business and functions to meet/ achieve their strategic tactical objectives.
- Provide regulatory advice, analysis (and challenge when appropriate) in relation to the full product life cycle including product design through to post sale reviews/ assessments, new business initiatives, bespoke projects, remedial activities (including nature, scale and rigour of past business reviews), transitional investigations.
- Assist to provide robust challenge to senior management and all relevant business stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating as necessary, until appropriate oversight and ownership is achieved including actions and plans to address any remedial action needed to come back within risk tolerance/ appetite.
- Work closely with the business to provide timely regulatory compliance advice to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and support the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive compliance and conduct risk mitigation.
- Regular and diarised catch ups with all key business stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address compliance risks (excluding financial crime and customer due diligence) are effectively implemented and adhered to across PvB.
- Provide support and assist to challenge to the Bank’s senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with compliance policies, procedures and standards (including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct).
- Assist to act as Risk Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework for PvB processes where Compliance is the second line Risk Owner.
- In collaboration with relevant senior managers, support a programme for compliance monitoring, surveillance and assurance for PvB.
- Collaborate with the other Products Compliance teams and the Compliance Management Group to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Bank and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
- Assist to provide reports to relevant Group and Business risk and control committees and management group on key compliance risks and issues.
- Assist to maintain adequate management MI / trackers across all aspects of their coverage and responsibility to ensure all issues and matters are tracked, followed, regularly assessed and reported on.
- 5 -6 years of working experience in Compliance Advisory or Risk
- Familiar with HKMA and SFC
- Fluent in written and spoken of English and Chinese
- Good team player, good communication skill, good common sense and good stakeholder management ability