- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- China Taiping Insurance Group Ltd.
- 17 Aug 18
Job ref no.:
Compliance Manager / Assistant Compliance Manager
China Taiping Life Insurance (HK) Company Limited
To cope with our business growth, we are eager to invite highly motivated professional to join our team.
- Provide advisory support and guidance on law and practice affecting the organization, oversee the compliance risk assessment of business practices, development and monitoring of compliance programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and lead training initiatives to promote a positive compliance culture and awareness throughout the organization.
- Handle product advisory and review new products (ILAS and other insurance products) from compliance perspective.
- Produce guidance in relation to intermediary conduct investigation, disciplinary and enforcement matters.
- Conduct compliance assessments and internal control testing to identify potential internal control weakness.
- Prepare various compliance reports and handle assessment exercises on insurance products.
- Deliver compliance trainings and maintain compliance training plan.
- Interact and deal with regulators or auditors on issues and visits and preparing regulatory filings.
- Co-ordinate and manage ad-hoc compliance related projects and tasks.
- Degree holder or above in any discipline, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law or related disciplines with over 8 years’ experience in compliance or audit, gained from other sizable financial institutions or regulators
- Experience in compliance monitoring and review and handling regulatory/customer complaints
- Preferably with at least over 3 years of compliance experience from insurance industry and/or regulatory bodies, and with also some relevant experience in ILAS products or market conduct matters
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance Ordinance, SFO and other relevant codes and regulations
- Strong understanding of regulatory framework
- Ability to prioritize and multi-tasking
- Good command of written and spoken English with Mandarin is preferable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and produce results with limited supervision
Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Compliance Manager.
Interested parties please send a detailed resume, stating current and expected salary to Human Resources Department.
Information supplied will be treated in strict confidence and used in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
About this employer
China Taiping Insurance Group Ltd (abbreviated as“China Taiping”) is a Chinese state-owned financial and insurance group whose management headquarters is located in Hong Kong. China Taiping Life Insurance (Hong Kong) Company Limited (abbreviated as “TPLHK”) is a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary of China Taiping Insurance Holdings Company Limited under the China Taiping (abbreviated as “China Taiping Holdings”, HK00966), which is responsible for life insurance business in Hong Kong. TPLHK started its business since 22 Dec 2015. To support our rapid development, we are eager to invite highly motivated professional to join our team.