Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges. Position Overview
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on BAU matters covering substantial and short position reporting, regulatory limit monitoring, takeover dealings disclosure, trading restriction, trade clearance, etc.
- Responsible, as part of a team, for daily group-wide monitoring and disclosure across 18 jurisdictions in APAC (ex-Japan) to identify substantial positions in relevant securities against reportable thresholds or regulatory position limits such as short positions, foreign ownership, sensitive sectors and takeovers, etc.
- Work as part of a team to review and identify gaps and potential issues, work with internal partners to come up with solutions to ensure robust controls over existing processes
- Assist PRG regional Lead and senior team members on ongoing project work for APAC in respect of various regional and global initiatives, e.g. responding to regulatory changes, system build, data completeness and analysis, ongoing enhancements etc.
- Understanding of position reporting function at an investment bank or experience gained in Business Line Compliance (consideration will be given to someone with regulatory reporting experience);
- Understanding of shareholding and takeover rules and disclosure obligations;
- Experience with systems build and project management – desired
- Good analytical, workflow and data analysis skills;
- Be a self-starter and work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail;
- A high level of integrity and a disciplined approach to work;
- An understanding of the financial markets, ideally with equities and derivatives knowledge, trade lifecycle is an advantage;
- Fluency in an Asian language will be considered an advantage; and good written and spoken English (the language of the Bank).
Key Traits and Qualifications:
- Be well educated;
- Be proactive and someone who takes initiative to identify and improve knowledge and processes;
- Highly motivated with the ability to cope under pressure and adhere to daily deadlines; and be a strong team player able to build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.