Contract Project Manager, IFRS 17 Transition Workstream
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 Transition Workstream manages the implementation for transition and determine the opening balance sheet (OBS) as at transition date, determine the optimal transition approach, ensures the compliance with the IASB Standard and meets Group's financial & strategic objectives.
The key responsibilities of the role are mainly to act as the project manager on the project planning, collaborate with project managers in other workstreams to ensure the successful execution of IFRS 17 Transition.
- Project Planning & Budgeting: Develop & maintain the detailed project plan for the determination of opening balance sheet, parallel run and business plan; Set out the project budget and ensure proper project governance process; Assist in the procurement process for external consultants and vendors.
- Project Execution & Management: Drive the actionable items internally within the workstream and across different departments, such as Finance & IT to ensure the timely project deliverables; Monitor the actual resource use and costs against budget; Identify the project dependencies and ensure the delivery of tasks in a structured way.
- Stakeholder Management and Communication: Ensure good communication and build the close working relationships with the key stakeholders; Provide regular updates to senior management, regional office and Steering Committee; Highlight any risks and mitigation plans, and escalate the issues if needed.
- Support for Transition Workstream: Assist the production of project deliverables, including presentations and documentation; Track the resource availability; Prepare reports for internal project meetings.
- Record the minimum education and experience (type and years) required of the position. Also list any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position (for example: professional certification, LOMA, etc.).Exclude "preferable" items.
- University degree holder in Finance, Business Administration or other related degree
- Minimum 8 years' work experience, with strong Project Management background, ideally in insurance industry. Less experienced candidate would be considered as an Assistant Manager.
- Excellent planning, organizing and co-ordinating skills to ensure the achievement of projects
- Experience in overseeing the full project life cycle or the implementation of IFRS 9 would be a plus
- A team player with good interpersonal skills, able to work independently and under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese