Control Room Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Handle daily control room tasks and preparation of routine reports
Assist with the maintenance of the Firm's Restricted List, Watch List and Grey List
Facilitating information barrier crossing requests and update the associated systems
Assist the preparation of different periodic reports to business
Assist in assessment and management of potential conflicts of interest
Work closely with relevant parties to support the Global Control Room projects and visions
Enhance existing AP Control Room operating process
Assisting in other compliance tasks as required to achieve team objectives
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build good working relationships with different business, management and other functions
• Ability to work through tasks systematically and monitor own work to ensure consistency and timeliness.
• Ability to learn and understand applicable regulatory rules and regulations and industry best practices.
• Ability and strong desire to work as part of an effective and collaborative team.
• Effective written communication skills for report writing and analysis.
• Responsible, thorough, professional and high regard for accuracy and quality
• Attention to detail, efficient and strong administration / organization skills
• Able to work under pressure
Specific Qualifications Required
• 5-8 years of relevant experience within compliance/ financial institutions/ professional firms an advantage
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Law or related subject
• Previous experience with international banks or financial institution is an advantage