Controllers, Management Reporting and Analysis, Analyst/Associate, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about financial markets? Are you interested in developing your analytical and risk management skillset? Controllers is a great place to learn and experience the breadth and depth of Goldman Sachs businesses. We offer opportunities to learn about various products, analyze the impact of markets and expand your knowledge of finance & accounting. We are looking for a professional to join the Financial Reporting team in Hong Kong.
The Management Reporting and Analysis team within Controllers is primarily responsible for reporting the regional net contribution across all businesses across Asia Pacific. The group prepares daily and weekly net contribution reports for the Asia Pacific Management Committee and coordinates the annual regional budget and various analyses (including cost analysis) for senior management. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare, compile and analyze financial information which is provided weekly, monthly and quarterly to senior management by product, business lines and region
- Responsible for coordinating with the Executive Office Asia Pacific's annual budget and forecasts working alongside colleagues from other divisions and regions
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from the Executive Office and a wide array of internal departments
- Analyzing financial information and presenting it to senior managers
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Effective, confident communication with all levels of staff within Controllers and other internal departments, both within and outside the region
- 3 years relevant experience preferred, CPA qualification and Big 4 experience would be an advantage
- Client-focused and business oriented, with a general interest in the financial markets
- Multi-tasking/strong organizational skills needed to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced PC skills, particularly with Excel
- Team player, analytical, exercises good judgment with an attention to detail and a strong control mindset
- Creative thinker - should have sufficient knowledge to see behind the numbers
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity