Core Business Services - Brand, Marketing and Communications - Media Relations Senior Officer
- To be discussed
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and you will directly support and promote our brand and reputation. Through internal communications, public relations and corporate communications, you’ll provide a wide range of marketing and communications services to internal and external audiences. These include current and future clients, our current and future employees, alumni, regulators, the media and the communities within which we operate.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Position Summary:
EY Media Relations teams are charged with promoting its brand, purpose, reputation and businesses around the world. The teams work closely with EY leadership across all its businesses and industry sectors.
The person will be a member of our Greater China Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) Teams to support the delivery of Greater China business objectives and help to build the media profile of EY across the Greater China region in support of its reputational and business goals. As part of the APAC Media Relations teams, the role will work closely with EY leadership to create and implement public relations (PR) plans, programs and materials to engage with the Greater China regional and area media outlets. The role works across all of EY service lines and sectors, as well as corporate matters related to the region. It also assists EY networks of media relations professionals across the Greater China region in engaging with the media in their respective cities.
- Organize media relations events for programs and major initiatives
- Write various communication materials, including key messages, press releases, executive talking points, bios, media pitches, byline articles, op-ed, blog posts and related items
- Propose ideas proactively for social media, media pitches and interviews to stimulate exposure
- Develop and maintain sound media relations
- Work with other BMC teams members, to serve stakeholders’ needs
- Monitor and report news relevant to EY
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum three-five years’ experience in media relations or public relations, prior experience on social media related work and/or crisis communication an added advantage
- Excellent bilingual language (English and Chinese) skills – oral, written, presentation – including – the ability to understand and synthesize complex information into understandable messages, talking points, scripts and articles
- Strong ability to foster and maintain relationships with external influencers, including local and industry media representatives and thought leaders; ability to seize media opportunities and drive to completion
- Good industry and market knowledge; in-depth understanding of the needs of target audiences and the ability to evaluate proposed publicity from a media perspective
- Analytical, problem-solving and creative skills to proactively develop and implement integrated publicity strategies
- Demonstrated self-initiative, independence and organizational skills to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities, strong attention to detail and processes