Corp Tax Associate, Hong Kong
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Overview of Responsibilities
The individual will be supporting the Corporate Tax VP in managing all direct and indirect tax affairs of BlackRock in the region. This will involve close interactions with local finance stakeholders to proactively advise on the tax implications as a result of any domestic business development and/or accounting standard change. The individual is also expected to assist in upscaling the group’s tax accounting function in APAC and work on various tax compliance and provisioning assignments. Developing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will be key to the role.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Support all tax provision related activities, including but not limited to preparation/ review of monthly and year-end tax provisions under both US and local GAAP, assisting Global Tax on quarterly ETR forecasts, as well as analyzing and explaining to local stakeholders on any ETR fluctuation;
- Assist in managing the overall tax compliance of the group in the region, including but not limited to corporate income tax, VAT/GST, stamp duty as well as other relevant tax/ regulatory filings, and provide support on the implementation of tax reporting tool(s) in the region;
- Assist in and handle tax audit(s) in the region as and when arise;
- Provide technical research support in tax planning, and assist in M&A or other tax structuring projects;
- Advise on the tax considerations and assist with the tax filings in respect of capital repatriation;
- Deliver tax technical trainings to local controllers and finance operations teams;
- Advise on tax queries from stakeholders, and provide tax sign-offs for various internal risk management procedures;
- Maintain close relationships with local stakeholders, centralized support teams and external service providers;
- Involve in ad hoc projects.
Experience and Skills
The individual will be highly organized, results orientated and have proven project management capabilities. The successful candidate should have a profile as follows:
- University degree and professional qualification in accountancy or equivalent qualification;
- 5+ years work experience in tax, preferably including working in Big 4 or international law firms and/or other multinational financial services institutions;
- Profound knowledge and strong experiences in handling tax provisions under US GAAP and IFRS;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment. Proficiency in other Asian language(s) will be an added advantage but is not a must;
- Sound judgment, decision making and project management skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.