Corporate Action Analyst
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright Singapore
- 01 Jun 18 2018-06-01
About the Company Our client is a Corporate & Investment Bank and a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under
About the Company
Our client is a Corporate & Investment Bank and a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
What you will be doing
This position reports to the Head of Asset Services, based in Hong Kong and is responsible for execution of daily corporate action functions. The Asset Services team provides client corporate action announcement and processing services on Voluntary and Choice events and the main functions can be described as:
- Research & Announcement of all Voluntary and Choice events relevant to our client base;
- Processing of all client instructions in the operating system, ensuring all lodgments are executed into the market
- Disbursement of all payments of cash and shares to clients
- Liaison with Client Services on client inquiries and offshore team for resolution of reconciliation breaks
The various functions performed by the team require the management and staff to be familiar with how the Australian and Hong Kong securities market operates and this includes an understanding of the messaging involved for all parties such as SWIFT and CHESS.
- Ensure market and internal deadlines are met.
- Issue resolution
- Stringent control procedures are adhered to and exceptions are escalated to Risk Management in line with agreed standards
- Assisting with projects and new initiatives as and when required by the manager or Team Leader.
- Leverage and maintain appropriate contacts with operational peers across firm locations, including Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and Hong Kong
- Ensure any errors are documented and escalated, with worked through action plans to minimise the reoccurrence and any risk to Client.
In addition the Specialist is also expected to:
- Protect the clients’ and Banks’ interests at all times and ensure that their integrity is maintained within the market place; Ensure department procedures are maintained and internal processes can adapt to market/client demands; Maintain optimum service level for all clients, ensuring any reasons for and proposed solutions to, negative trends are documented and escalated.
- The Specialist will need to attain a fair level of understanding of the Australian and Hong Kong Custody Market.
- A good knowledge of the functions in the BaNCS platform will need to be attained.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Understanding of Custody Business and Operations
- Ability to demonstrate good collaboration with peers
- Exposure to, and clear understanding of, the end to end corporate action process, as it applies in custody
- Ability to manage all stakeholders both internal and external
- 1+ years experience in Corporate Actions / Income
- Fair knowledge of the Hong Kong Financial Market and/or Australian Financial Market an advantage
About the Manager/ Team
The culture of the team is hard working and very client focused. High achieving employees are always recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
Interested with the role? Apply within!