Corporate Treasury, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CORPORATE TREASURY
Corporate Treasury plays a central role in the firm's overall strategy with responsibility for providing appropriate funding to support all firmwide activity while maximizing net interest income. The division allocates financial resources, raises funding and capital to support firm activity, and dynamically manages the firm's asset liability risk and liquidity portfolio. Corporate Treasury actively engages in public markets and with businesses across the firm, investors, ratings agencies and regulators. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals with strong quantitative analysis skills, interest in portfolio management and a risk management mind set. How we're organized:
Corporate Treasury is responsible for financial resource management and asset liability management to facilitate all firm activity at the lowest cost possible. Functional teams within Corporate Treasury focus on resource allocation, funding planning and origination, asset liability management, trading execution, liquidity projections, liquidity policies and platforms, regulatory engagement, and LIBOR transition. The division is run by the Global Treasurer and works closely with the CFO, each of the firm's businesses, Controllers, Operations, and Investor Relations among other groups at the firm.
Asset Liability Management (ALM) is a key department within Corporate Treasury. Working closely with the CFO, Treasurer and other members of senior management ALM have responsibility for the assessment and strategic management of asset liability mismatch risk across the firm. Key aspects of the department's mandate include oversight of the firm's Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) framework and production of risk analytics and modelling to inform the Firm's management of interest rate risk, currency and funding gaps. Who we look for:
Professionals in Corporate Treasury have an analytical mind set, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds. We're looking for candidates who will thrive in a dynamic environment where multitasking and time management skills are essential. Working in the Corporate Treasury division, you will be exposed to Global Markets division and banking initiatives, to new business activities, and to critical strategic programs Goldman Sachs pursues to maintain its leadership among global financial institutions. You should be, an analytical thinker, comfortable working with numbers, and driven to commercial outcomes. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed in order to work successfully with diverse internal and external stakeholders including businesses, external creditors and regulators. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities May Include
- Assessment and projection of the firm's interest rate risk, currency and funding gaps
- Management of FTP policy and associated incentives in order to achieve department and firm-wide objectives
- Modelling of asset and liability products to inform FTP and enable accurate measurement of the firm's asset - liability gap
- Production of critical inputs for business planning and stress testing
- Critical analytics of various metrics to identify drivers, trends and risks and to inform recommendations to senior management on positioning and optimization opportunities
- Analysis and on-boarding of new business initiatives and products
- Interpretation and response to new regulations that impact the mandate and objectives of Corporate Treasury
- Creation of presentations for discussion with the Board of Directors, senior management, regulators and other key stakeholders
- Managing and reviewing liquidity requirements relating to the firm's business activities in APAC entities
- Highly-motivated with good commercial perspective and ability to lead projects and cross-divisional initiatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail and good judgment on prioritization
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately 1 to 4 years of working experience in Treasury or finance-related functions in a major financial institution or corporate
- Strong Microsoft skills are preferred and coding inclination is a big plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity