- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 31 Oct 17
Country Technology Manager (CIB)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
The Manager, CTM is the one Technology face and voice to HK business clients - both in the eyes of business management and the technology community. As a business partner, CTM takes primary ownership in country business engagement and communication to influence and drive future technology agenda for country in alignment with Group Technology strategy. This role supports the domain head in the respective CTM domain function to cover the responsibilities described below.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. In representing Hong Kong Country Technology to Group IT, the post shall be seen both as a customer and as a close working partner. Responsibilities include:a) Service Improvements: Reviewing progress of Group IT service improvement initiatives for the country, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate;b) Risk: Ensuring that Group IT teams respond to all forms of end-to-end Banking Product technology risk needs, including all audit, local regulatory, compliance, DR, BCP technology component, obsolescence, virus susceptibility and security needs. c) Change Management: Ensuring that the Technology change management process caters for banking change needs, and that any complementary in-country approval processes are confirmed with Technology Service team (TS). d) Projects: For key authorized Regulatory and Compliance technology investments (projects).2. In representing Group IT to Business, the post shall be seen as a Technology ambassador to business and advocate for change. Responsibilities as such will be largely the reciprocal of the above and include:a) Ambassador: Full Group IT representation, noting that each Group IT group bears full accountability for provision of respective Group IT services to the business.b) Problem/Incident Management: For incidents having significant business impact, support the problem/incident management process which is owned by TS. This will mainly involve the communication/escalation to business management of service impact, recovery process, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to TS and SD of business concerns. c) Forums: Suitable executive forum representation of Group IT, such as Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF) and major initiative in Banking Product platform. The post will facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums by involving the relevant SD and TS personnel. d) Strategy: Provide technology thought leadership and influence country business strategy with the effective and innovative deployment of technology. e) Risk: Ensure that country exposure to each form of technology risk is understood and managed. Ensure regulator and external audit 2-way communication, submission requirements and reporting needs are met by Group IT to address any such legal and compliance expectations. f) Governance: Provide Banking Product technology governance and participate and lead forums to address service, risk, and quality, and communicate initiatives and improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
Excellent communication and influencing skillsService management skills and techniqueTechnical literacy and knowledge - not necessarily a technical expert but should possess broad technology skills and relevant application skillsBusiness knowledge on banking products, regulatory and complianceStrong people and change management
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30 Nov 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.