- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
Are you independent and self-driven with an analytical mindset? We're looking for someone like this who can:
- work closely with Credit Officers and Portfolio Underwriters (i.e. Senior management in Risk), and perform risk assessment and continuous monitoring of assigned portfolio
- evaluate counterparty credit risk based on good understanding of the counterparty's risk profile, business environment, exposure and financial performance as well as a number of other quantitative and qualitative measures of counterparties' credit worthiness (This may include client due diligence via client visit or conference call)
- provide approval recommendations on rating, facility size, requirements for trading, collateral and security documentation independently and proactively
- prepare counterparty reviews/transactional credit proposals drawing conclusions relating to credit assessment, risk appetite, exposure drivers and business prospects
- monitor counterparty and portfolio credit quality, as well as key risk drivers of portfolio credit exposure on a continual basis
- perform ad hoc credit risk analysis and portfolio deep dive when necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Credit Risk Control (CRC) is a specialist team of credit professionals within Global Risk Control (GRC). The team is responsible for assessing, approving and monitoring the creditworthiness of Asia credit counterparties, with focus on Greater China. We engage with our Investment Banking colleagues across their various businesses and with counterparty types including banks, non-bank financial institutions, funds, hedge funds, sovereigns and corporations. Product focus includes OTC Derivatives, Repos, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Structured Lending, Trade Finance, etc.
Your experience and skills
- a university degree or international equivalent qualification
- at least 3 years professional experience in a credit or risk role
- excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate directly and professionally with clients and internal peers is of critical importance to the role
- thorough knowledge and understanding of financial markets and trading products
- experience analysing banks / NBFI financial statements is a plus
- a team player with strong interpersonal skills to establish trustworthy relationships with internal peers, client advisers and senior management
- able to work under pressure
- fluent in English (fluent verbal and strong English writing skills). Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.