The Credit & Control Section is responsible for the credit risk analysis and control of the China corporate banking customer portfolios and related mitigation including credit application, rating application preparation, monitoring of the customer credit performance, etc. The Section’s role is crucial in supporting the Corporate Banking Department to achieve its business target and comply with regulatory requirements.
Mizuho Bank, Limited has a long-term commitment to the Hong Kong market. With a strong global connection and a workforce of over 600 staff in Hong Kong, Mizuho Bank, Limited, is able to help corporations in Hong Kong to expand their business worldwide. Our clients comprise Japanese and non-Japanese corporations including PRC related ones, financial institutions, government and quasi-government organizations, etc. We provide a full spectrum of corporate banking services to our customers including syndication loans, treasury, transaction banking, financial advisory, project finance, merger and acquisition, leveraged finance, structured finance, etc.
At Mizuho, we provide the stability of an international industry leader with the career trajectory of a growing business. Our steady, strategic growth gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a boutique firm or an established giant could offer alone.
It’s the local expertise of our employees that makes our global network so powerful. By collaborating with colleagues and clients who have your same ambition and drive, you can amplify your sphere of influence and base of knowledge as part of one of the largest—and growing—banks in the world.
- To handle all credit related matters including review of latest financials of obligors upon receipt of financial statements, rating review, long-term loan review, compliance of credit approval conditions and instructions, security control and submission of information for credit assessment by Head Office;
- To attend to documentation matters of existing and new transactions after credit approval;
- To constantly review existing credit commitments to identify potential credit problems and to ensure conformity with agreement terms; to recommend and implement appropriate actions should an unfavorable trend be developed;
- To support and work together with Relationship Manager Sections to achieve the Department profit and business targets assigned by the Management;
- To assist Section Head in the implementation of certain credit and general management policies;
- To help identify potential issues which would be subject to relevant Procedure manual and the Management’s instruction issued from time to time.
- To help CCS in enhancing the capacity on credit risk analysis and monitoring which will support the corporate banking department in fulfilling its business targets;
- To participate in subordinate supervision and training for VP level colleagues within the Team.
- We are looking for an individual who sets challenging individual or Team targets to contribute to our customer, organization and Section, and has strong motivation to achieve the targets;
- The individual should put into practice Mizuho’s mission, vision, values, and clearly delivers them to the Team;
- The individual proactively proposes solutions to complicated matters within a range of expertise;
- The individual nurtures the performance and potential of juniors by providing regular feedback/ guidance;
- The individual respects for and commits to high standards of business conduct and integrity in promoting deals/projects, conducting operations/ reporting, etc.
Work experience, education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines, with CFA, CPA and other certificates related to corporate credit analysis as advantages;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in credit analysis and credit proposal preparation;
- Experience in team management and in PRC SOE credit analysis are preferred;
- Strong financial analysis and financial projection skills with sound product and industry knowledge on PRC corporations;
- Proficient with MS Office, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuter; VBA skills are desirable
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin; Japanese skills are desirable.
Please state your current and expected salary on your CV.
Mizuho Bank, Limited
Mizuho Bank Limited is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG). The Mizuho group is a global financial services leader with offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Mizuho provides expertise in retail banking, corporate finance, investment banking, asset management, capital markets, and sales and trading, to help businesses develop and find new opportunities for growth. To learn more: www.mizuho-fg.com
Personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence, and will be used for recruitment purpose only.