At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk - or Independent Risk Management - provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk. Corporate Risk roles depend on a variety of skills, including: Data analysis and synthesis, root cause analysis, change management, process management & execution, risk governance, risk strategy, risk identification & assessment, risk prevention, controls & mitigation, risk monitoring, reporting & escalation, risk systems & technology.
The Regional Credit Oversight team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. About the Role
As part of the strategic growth and enhancing capabilities of the APAC risk organization, the APAC Regional Chief Risk Officer (RCRO)'s office is looking for a high-caliber Credit Oversight Analyst with data or quantitative experience to assist with the implementation and monitoring of credit performance, potential or emerging risk and business conformity with risk appetite, credit culture and policies through performing various activities related to business analysis and/or modeling. The role reports to Head of Financial Risk in the APAC RCRO office.
This position could be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore Responsibilities
- Assisting in performing analysis and/or modeling to minimize credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures;
- Providing analytical support on credit through assisting in the production of material/presentations for various committees, reporting for finance, senior management and ad hoc reporting as required;
- Prepare ongoing management reporting for Credit Risk;
- Managing shared folders for credit risk including following regulatory retention schedules;
- Assisting in segmenting and monitoring various credit, risk appetite, key risk indicators and concentration limits, etc. and making recommendations to management based on findings and trends;
- Assisting in producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and performance of the various LOBs in region;
- Assisting in coordinating regional and legal entity level stress tests with frontline and supporting functions;
- Producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and performance of the various LOBs in region;
- Leading the credit risk response for the audits including the delivery of documents and coordinating the response to questions
- Assist in maintaining both the parent and child sections of credit policies updated including making recommendations on amendments, getting appropriate approvals and ensuring publication; and
- Participating in projects/initiatives in region that affect Credit Risk.
We Value Diversity
- 3+ years risk experience or masters degree in business or quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Modelling, Data risk management
- Experience with meeting deadlines and attention to detail or quality.
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Experience user of Microsoft Office/Excel and data visualization applications such as Tableau
- Self-starter with good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships across various Lines of Business and other department
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.