Credit Risk Analyst
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Capital Markets (Hong Kong) Limited
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
BGC Partners, GFI and Cantor Fitzgerald require a credit analyst to undertake counterparty credit reviews on existing and new clients including recommendation of trading limits and internal ratings. The role also includes servicing brokers and responding in a timely fashion to broker requests. Counterparties comprise a diverse range of entities including banks, hedge funds and investment managers. In order to meet the requirements of the role the credit analyst also require understanding of and to have had experience in various financial market products such as equities, fixed income, derivatives and structured products.
- Facilitate credit requests and prepare credit reviews of new and existing counterparties
- Making recommendations of credit limit and internal ratings
- Review of structured product proposals from a credit perspective
- Portfolio reviews of counterparties based on country or sector risk
- Preparation of daily risk reports
- Responding to broker requests and one-off credit proposals in a timely manner
- Completion of credit files and updating risk limit systems
- Keeping a high level global view point of developments affecting client credit profiles
Key contacts/working relationships
- Compliance, Legal, Business lines, Settlements, Operations
Key outputs and key performance indicators
- New limits and internal ratings approved
- Number of new account opening requests approved
- Sectorial portfolio reviews completed
- Number of meaningful news updates escalated to management
- Attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, maths or related field (Minimum 2:1)
- 3+ years experience within the risk department of an investment bank / financial institution covering credit risk issues.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets counterparty credit with an emphasis on: Financial Institutions including banks, hedge funds, investment managers
- Must have a clear understanding of and experience in financial markets products including (equities, fixed income, listed derivatives and structured products, etc..
- Financial statement analysis and research skills. Ability to analyse and assess embedded credit risks and to interpret financial /market data.
- Understanding of risk rating methodology and external ratings
- Strong time management skills. The analyst is expected to be able to work efficiently on multiple tasks.
- Sound judgment in decision making when making credit recommendations.
- Systems used: Bloomberg, internal systems, Bankscope, Microsoft Office. Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders within a complex organisational environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Career focussed and committed to continuing professional development
- An effective team player with the drive for taking lead role in projects and to motivate others
- Robust, resilient and able to cope well under pressure.
- Willingness to take ownership of the role and to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Confidence to respond to directly to brokers in relation to counterparty requests
We offer attractive salary packages and benefits to the successful applicant. Interested candidates can apply directly clearly stating your current salary, expected salary and notice period.
For other vacancies, please visit our website at http://www.bgcpartners.com/careers/
All data collected will be treated strictly confidential and used for recruitment purpose only. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.