Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will partner closely with various internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research on China HY credits. Your days will be filled analyzing data and building models to assist the trading desk across sectors. You’ll be able to recognise critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modeling/valuation process.
• Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
• Complete models with an intense resolve so as to avoid missing any market or timing opportunities
• Incorporate historical numbers and sensible logic-based projections into the models; decipher irregularities
• Building upon your base knowledge to formulate well thought-out hypotheses; proactively building out a network of information sources which you incorporate into your analysis
• Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients
• Clearly articulate compelling arguments (with the appropriate spin) via the written word and oral presentations
• Build foundation of trust with clients/internal parties by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
• Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type
• Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
• Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
• Prepare presentation materials.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Two to five-year experience in credit analysis.
• Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
• Ability to discuss in detail you understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
• Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
• Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo
• Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
• Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk
• Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
• Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
• English and Mandarin fluency is essential