Custody Operations, Securities & Derivatives Officer
The Sec & Derivatives Intmd Analyst is an intermediate level position for processing post- traded settlement instructions originating from external and internal custodian clients. The overall objective of this role is to facilitate the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions. Responsibilities:
- Process securities settlement transactions,
- Resolve settlement related issues and escalate as needed; recommend solutions to resolve issues
- Develops client specific service solutions and maintains quality control
- Performs multiple transactions of moderate complexity to achieve operating efficiency and a high level of productivity
- Minimizes risk to the bank through the appropriate application of procedural requirements and adherence to audit and control policies
- Participates in compliance related procedures and controls activities
- Continuously looks for and designs business required documents to reduce the number of manual touch points to process payments
- Works closely with peers and product to develop solutions that will enable team to meet the mission statements of the department and create dynamic MIS
- Participate in the implementation of assigned projects and system testing, including new products, services and upgrades to platforms
- Maintains awareness of product changes and system enhancements
- Provide guidance, and/or on the job training to new team members
- This role will also provide processing supports in Asset Servicing team.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Basic to intermediate level experience in a related role
- In-depth knowledge of securities processing, combined with a solid understanding of hedge fund industry standards and practices
- Basic knowledge in Corporate Actions Processing
- Communicates with tact and diplomacy in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information
- Deals with most problems independently
- Has some latitude to resolve complex issues related to the analysis of hedge fund activities
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Morning and Night shift duties are rotated on a regular basis as required.
- Holiday support may be required subject to market requirement.
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Securities and Derivatives Processing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting