DWS Risk - Investment Risk Manager - Vice President
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
DWS Risk - Investment Risk Manager - Vice President
DWS Group GmbH & Co. KGaA (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 700bn of assets under management (as of 31 Dec 2017). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
Risk is the independent risk oversight function of DWS. Working closely with Portfolio Management, Trading and other support and control functions, Investment Risk is part of the Risk Group other support and control functions to appropriately manage risks taken on behalf of the firm's clients. The Investment Risk team works as a global organization with team members in Frankfurt, Berlin, Luxembourg, New York, Madrid, Zurich, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo focusing on the Investment Platform.
As the Investment Risk Manager you will focus on the assessment, control and governance of investment risks taken within funds, and separately managed accounts. You will focus on market, counterparty credit and liquidity risk while also taking into account performance analytics. You will be instrumental in advancing the risk management framework while supporting growth initiatives within a focus region for the firm.
You will be given the opportunity to work within an integrated and internationally operating risk management department providing the following benefits:
- Work in a rapidly changing and entrepreneurial business environment in a focus growth region for DWS
- Insight into a dynamic and evolving risk discipline across a highly diversified and expanding product offering
- Opportunity to work within a truly international team
- Exposure to Senior Management regionally and functionally
- Ability to interact with major institutional clients, fund boards and regulatory bodies
- Develop a broad understanding of DWS's strategies, their associated risks and mitigating controls
- Coverage of multiple locations within the Asia-Pacific region including Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan
- Conduct risk analysis on a set of portfolios for varying mandates types (active, passive, alternative) with broad underlying exposure types (fixed income, equity, commodity, derivative)
- Design and development of risk analysis for across the fiduciary platform and tailored analysis for individual business mandates
- Market Risk Toolset development & enhancement
- Interaction with Portfolio Management & Trading (ensuring Risk has an positive impact for the benefit of the firm's clients)
- Production and analysis of Value-at-Risk, Tracking Error, Expected Shortfall and Stress metrics
- Pro-active risk management of Market, Liquidity and Counterparty Credit risk
- Due diligence of external sub-advisors to qualitatively assess investment and risk management processes
- Support valuation oversight for APAC-specific portfolios
- Representation of risk to clients, regulators and other external stakeholders
- Play a key role in systems migration projects
- Representation of Investment Risk & Valuation in regional and global governance forums
- Contribute to special projects / task forces / working groups relating to the Risk & Valuation Framework or other identified risk issues
- Contribute to the continuous enhancement of risk control toolset and management reporting
- Keep abreast of changes in relevant local laws and regulations and understand their implications
Key skills and qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills; role requires constant interaction with individuals within the global risk organisation, across the business (portfolio managers, relationship managers, business management) and externally (clients, regulators)
- Ability to communicate issues to senior management proactively and effectively; ability to translate complex risk management concepts and analysis into succinct points driving action is essential
- Experience with and ability to learn core risk management concepts across a diverse set of instrument types, business mandates and risk disciplines (counterparty credit, market, liquidity)
- Knowledge of Asset Management (and value chain) and various regulatory frameworks within the Asia-Pacific region
- At least 5 years' experience in the financial services industry, with experience in market, counterparty credit, liquidity and/or performance risk functions within a buy-side firm
- Strong fundamental understanding of the financial services industry and asset management business
- Technical knowledge of financial markets, products and processes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in finance or quantitative field, Chartered Financial Analyst and Financial Risk Manager designations a plus
- Previous experience with BlackRock Solutions Aladdin required
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.