Data Architect (Cloud Focused) - Cloud - Consulting
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. About Technology
Deloitte Consulting Technology Service Area aims to provide the end-to-end consulting services by helping clients in different industries to re-engineer the business process, design the enterprise level application system architecture and modules, implement the application systems, manage the changes of business along the whole process, and realize the digital transformation. Deloitte Technology Consulting team is the world-leading enterprise application consulting organization, and continuously ranked as "leader" in the enterprise application consulting market in China for years.
Deloitte Cloud is trusted by many of the world's most admired organizations to deliver complex, enterprise-level transformation. We draw on Deloitte's business insight across industries and adjacent domains (such as risk, compliance and cybersecurity) and integrate that with vast technical resources to help modernize operating models, ensure culture change, and mitigate business risk. With Deloitte, clients do not only discover Cloud potential, but also adopt, apply, and scale the technologies needed to go out and achieve it. We also bring industry-leading assets such as our Cloud management platform ATAData that accelerates and standardizes migration and modernization scalably for clients.
Our Cloud Services include Cloud Strategy & Op Model Transformation, Cloud Migration, Cloud Managed Services, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Development & Integration. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and competitive advantage by planning, executing and evolving with on their enterprise ecosystems of public and hybrid clouds. Summary:
Our team's mission is to help clients maximize the potential innovation, agility and savings of Cloud to achieve their business goals. Cloud opens the door for massive cost-effective and rapid data processing. But a key demand in the market is getting the most of the exploding data volume and obtain actionable insights.
Thus we are looking for an experienced Data Architect who is also comfortable and passionate about applying public Cloud technology for Data insights. Responsibilities - Delivery
• Act as the lead data architect for defining and delivering complex solutions to solve client's business , technical and organizational needs. Most of the work will be with Enterprises with significant legacy on-prem systems that need to work with (or migrate to) Cloud platforms like AWS/Ali/GCP/Azure and even combining with other SaaS/PaaS/etc.
• Design technical and functional data strategy and architectures for traditional (eg. DWH), modern (eg. Data Lakes on Cloud), or hybrid solutions.
• Support or lead Data Governance operating model analysis.
• Be bold to Challenge clients' assumptions with technical and operational best practices.
• Clear communicator to all client and team stakeholders and be comfortable leading Data and also infrastructure / non-functional requirements. Responsibilities - Business Development
• Support bids where needed Responsibilities - Practice Development & Eminence
• Providing leadership and on-the-job training to junior consulting staff in technical and solutioning for Cloud.
• Sharing best practices, "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" internally and externally
• Potentially participate in public speaking events Skills:
• Communicate with and understand client immediate and long term business strategy and design data architectures that can scale to fit client's use-cases . Focusing on clear analysis and data architecture diagramming for team-understanding.
• Experienced and expert in Data Architecture for some of the following :
o Structured (eg. Relational DB like MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Amazon Aurora/RDS/Redshift, Azure SQL ... ),
o Semi-structured (NoSQL like MongoDB, Redis, Hbase, Amazon DynamoDB, Azure CosmoDB, Google Cloud Datastore),
o Foundational big data management (Hadoop/Hbase, Cassandra, Amazon SimpleDB... )
o Data protection techniques and tools like masking , hashing, perhaps knowing popular tools like Data Guadium etc.
o Different patterns of data transformation (eg. Traditional ETL, AWS Glue, Azure HDInsight or SQL Data Warehouse, Google Datalab, Lambda pattern, Kaffa pattern...)
o Hybrid Cloud considerations for data transfer such as velocity, data volume, role-level security...
• Comfortable working across legacy Database/Datamart/Data Warehouse and Cloud Data Lake environments.
• Nice-to-have : experience dealing with IOT/streaming use-cases and related techs like Kafka, Google Pub Sub, Active MQ... and know the pro/con of each Experiences:
• 5+ years of Data Architect experience
• 2+ years in projects that include working with public or hybrid clouds (eg. AWS / Google/ Azure/ Ali...)
• Some level of hands-on Data development work in the past (eg. ETL, PL/SQL, Python, R)
• Experience working with and communicating/influencing in complex enterprise organizations and their expectations/challenges (and some frustrations!)
• Nice-to-have: Experience in banking, insurance or manufacturing sectors is preferred Language
• English (must)
• Cantonese and Mandarin (highly preferred but we can tailor-make roles for the right talent) Grade expectation
• Manager and above (generally >12 years' experience)
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN173888