Data Architect (For a 12 months contract)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
HKEX is implementing third party software solutions as part of technical upgrade and modernization of its Post-Trade business areas including Risk, Collateral, Clearing and CSD services. The objective of the Next Gen Platform is to introduce modern and flexible software platforms to support HKEX’s strategic business developments. The NextGen Post Trade platform roll-outs will be multi year and taking a phased approach. As part of the programme, HKEX is building and implementing a Data warehouse.
- Work closely with business owners, PM, data modelers and analysts; effectively map business requirements into data system architecture design and provide detailed technical review of vendor’s solution proposals;
- Instruct and lead technical solution vendors and data developer through the implementation process by providing design review, code review, test review and all other due diligence work;
- Continuously evolve group’s data architecture by both agile development to meet urgent business goals, but also be able to plan for the long-term growth by researching and incubating state-of-arts data technologies
- 8+ years of working experiences with designing and implementing large scale enterprise data warehouse and BI projects supporting 100+ TB data size;
- 3+ years of working experiences with incorporating structured data processing with non-structured or semi-structured data processing by applying various data technologies;
- 5+ years of architect design experiences in financial industry;
- Good programming skills in SQL, script languages, and at least one high-level programming languages (e.g. C++, Java);
- Experiences with big data analytic tools including Apache Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Storm, HBase, Mahout and others in addition to traditional data warehouse to fulfill business requirements; familiar with major AI platform and technologies;
- Master degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering or related majors
- Excellent communication and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in Financial Markets (e.g. exchange-based, OTC, FCM, brokerage house) is a plus
- Knowledge of financial products, clearing, or post-trade processing , market data, preferred
- Specialized in full stack of data technologies
- Deep understanding of traditional RDBMS, DW, BI concepts and design methodologies as well as modern Big Data and AI technologies
- Profound experiences with various data platforms, e.g. Teradata, MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MongoDB etc.
- Excellent performance tuning skills by applying various skills, such as storage planning, caching, index design, data partitioning, MPP, etc.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.